WEIRD STUFF: Dog pooped in owner’s mouth

September 28, 2022

Dog pooped in owner's mouth

A woman was hospitalised for three days after her dog pooed in her mouth while she was asleep.

Amanda Gommo, 51, has opened up on her horror ordeal when her pet chihuahua Belle joined her in bed and had a bout of diarrhoea, which gave her the rudest of awakenings.

As reported by ladBible, she said: "I was having my afternoon nap with Belle, like I always do, when I suddenly felt something squirt in my mouth.

"I rushed to the bathroom and my son was in the shower, so before I washed it out I had time to take a quick snap.

"It was disgusting, and I was hurling violently for hours after - I just couldn't get the taste out of my mouth."

Belle was diagnosed with a stomach bug and put on a treatment of antibiotics, but later that day Amanda - who suffers from Crohn's disease - found herself with the same symptoms.

She called 111 and an ambulance was sent to her house, where paramedics prescribed painkillers to help with her stomach cramps, and told her to drink plenty of water to deal with the infection.

However, her symptoms got worse and two days later, she was suffering with cramps all over her body.

Another ambulance came and rushed her to Bristol Royal Infirmary where she was put on a drip, and diagnosed with a gastrointestinal infection contracted after her dog's faeces went into her mouth.

She added: "I was kept in hospital for three days until they'd flushed the infection out through a drip."

She quipped: "I've forgiven Belle for her little accident and I still love her with all my heart, but I will definitely be more mindful of what position we sleep in in the future."

-------------------

Woman steals baby names for pets

A woman won't stop stealing everyone's baby names for her pets.

Her daughter has revealed her mum "refuses to acknowledge" her unusual habit, which has seen her give an adopted dog "a fairly uncommon short name" which was given to a relative's child just one year earlier.

On Reddit, user @antfarm 2020 wrote: "Now it's not a big deal or anything but when I mentioned it to her she played innocent like she had no idea. My mum is a name nerd. She knew.

"So years later my mum adopts a cat. And what name does she use? The one I've been telling her since childhood I would use if I ever had a son. I mention this to her and she plays innocent.

"So I kind of b**** out on her and tell her it's totally weird and a pattern of hers. She denies it but a few days later changes the cat's

name - to my nephew's name."

The daughter insisted she finds the situation "mostly hilarious" and she wouldn't be deterred from using a name just because her mum has taken it for a pet.

She added: "It's also a huge pet peeve of mine when people use people names for pets. I have five pets and they all have cutesy names you would never use on a human.

"My name has somehow become a popular pet name in recent years. It's annoying. Name your damn dog Sprinkles or Nugget."

------------

Man accidentally wins lottery

A man accidentally bought three lottery tickets and won the same draw three times. The 67-year-old man from Maryland forgot he had already bought his tickets for the midday and evening Pick 5 draws from September 20 to 25, and so while he was getting ready to undergo surgery he bought another for the September 22 evening draw.

His numbers - 5, 1, 3, 5, 9 - came up which landed him a total prize of $150,000 from the three tickets.

Revealing the number is based on his wife's birthday, he told Maryland Lottery officials: "The one time that I accidentally buy three tickets, the number hits three times. It was unbelievable."

The man will share his latest prize with his two daughters.

He has had plenty of luck recently, having won a big jackpot from a previous Pick 3 draw, as well as another top prize earlier this month with a Pick 4 draw.

However, he admitted he was fortunate with the latter, because there was a mishap with his numbers.

He explained: "I went to play my daughter's birth year - 1979. The clerk at the store got it wrong and gave me the wrong number - 1997.

"When I got home later, guess what, four digits hit that day? 1997!"

Other News Stories